The much anticipated Miss Ghana 2017 beauty pageant was held on the night of Saturday October 7 at the State House’s Banquet Hall in Accra.
Dubbed ‘Miss Ghana 60 Years On’, the annual event was also marked by a charity gala and awards night, where major stakeholders and supporters of the brand in the 60 years history of the pageant were honoured.
The event was hosted by Nathaniel Attoh together with Selasi Kwawu, Miss Ghana 2001, as well as Eklu Patrick Amendah, a communication and architectural expert from Togo with over 19 years of experience in the field.
Patrons who were present at the State Banquet Hall in Accra were treated to entertaining performances from seasoned musicians such as Nat Brew, Sherifa Gunu and Jazz Saxophonist Steve Bedi.
Margaret Dery, who was a representative of the Upper West Region, emerged winner of Miss Ghana 2017 competition.
The second and first runner up went to Marigold Frimpong (Ashanti Region) and Priscilla Nana Akua Gameli (Eastern Region) respectively.
Other winners of the night include:
1. Miss Top Model — Perpetual Acquah (Central Region)
2. Miss Talent — Margaret Dery (Upper West Region)
3. Miss Congeniality — Marigold Frimpong (Ashanti Region)
4. Miss Photogenic and Miss Beauty Skin — Priscilla Gameli (Eastern Region)
5. Miss fitness — Perpetual Acquah
6. Miss Beach Beauty and Eloquence — Millicent Dzudzor (Western Region)
7. Beauty With a Purpose Competition — Margaret Dery (Upper West)
The 20 beautiful finalists were selected from the 10 regions of the country, and according to the judges, they were selected based on their intelligence, beauty and other qualities.
Former Tourism Minister Dzifa Gomashie and former Accra Mayor Alfred Oko Vanderpuije were among several dignitaries present on the night to grace the occasion.
Miss Ghana 2017 was powered by Exclusive Event Ghana Limited, in collaboration with Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture and Ghana60YearsOn Planning Committee.