A mother-of-three who won £1,000 after competing on cooking show Come Dine With Me has been arraigned in court after she admitted having sex with her friend’s teenage son.
37-year-old Lucy Haughey arranged via Facebook for the schoolboy to come to her house back in June 2016.
Haughey and the teenager then had sex and she later confessed to a friend online that she was a ‘bad person’.
The reality TV show contestant said she was ‘glad’ he had sex her and not a ‘skinny and skanky’ girl.
But, the friend told the boy’s mother and he broke down when confronted about what happened.
Haughey appeared at the city’s sheriff court where she admitted engaging in sexual activity with the boy on June 25 last year.
The court heard Haughey was friends with the boy’s mother and visited the house when he was in.
Procurator fiscal depute Claire Whyte said in June 2016 Haughey spoke to the boy online and arranged to meet up at her home address during June 25 and have sex together.
She said the teenager told his mum he was ‘going to play football’ and made his way to Haughey’s house.
Miss Whyte added: “They sat talking together for some time before Haughey asked the witness to go in to her bedroom with her.”
They had sex in her bedroom and the teenager later left.
Months later while speaking to another friend on Facebook messenger, Haughey admitted what had happened.
When asked if the boy’s mother knew Haughey said ‘She can’t ever know.’
She told her friend: “He wanted introduced, I’m an expert, it happened.” Haughey claimed the teenager wanted it again but she turned him down.
And she told her friend: “He had a crush on me but I also had a lot of respect for him.”
Haughey boasted: “I’m glad it was me and not a skinny, skanky schemy.”
She asked the friend to delete their internet conversation.
Miss Whyte added: “The disclosure made did not sit well with her, she contacted the boy’s mother via Facebook.”
When confronted about this, the teenager broke down and started crying and also admitted to having sex with the accused.
The matter was later reported to the police and Haughey was interviewed but mostly said ‘no comment’.
Sheriff Barry Divers deferred sentence until a later date and put Haughey on the Sex Offenders’ register.
Earlier this year Haughey was given a community payback order after trolling her then-boyfriend’s ex partner.
She trolled Sharon Low between June 2015 and May 2016, bombarding her with threatening and abusive messages leaving her terrified and humiliated.
Sheriff Linda Ruxton handed Haughey a community payback order with the condition she must do 250 hours unpaid work within eight months and granted a two-year non-harassment order.
The episode of the channel 4 show in which Haughey won the £1,000 prize money was shown in January this year.