This is a sponsored post. It was not written by 247NewsUpdate Blog.
The 5th Lagos Comic-con is on!
It’s official – 2016’s Lagos Comic Convention (Comic-Con) is holding on the 17th of September, themed “Creative Skills as Tools for Economic Diversification” and it will be taking place at the NECA house in Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos State.
Over 5,000 people are expected to attend this nerd-lovin’ event.
It is organized by Ayodele Elegba, Austine Osas of MustardSeed Investment Limited/Spoof Animation and Justin Irabor of Hotels.ng.
Justin Irabor is part of the digital marketing team at Hotels.ng and he is pleased to be working with the Lagos Comic-Con. He is an active comic book fan himself – as his Instagram and comic strip website will show.
The Lagos Comic Con is open to everyone!
About the Lagos Comic-Con
It is a non-profit event that brings together stakeholders in comics and other related art forms. These include film, animation, gaming, technology, government agencies/parastatals and other related industries with our partnerships with the Lagos State Government, Disney/Pixar, Indomie, UBER, wifi.com.ng, Hotels.ng, UR4AFRICA Programme, TiteBoy Game Entertainment, Footworks, Nolly.com, TM-Cube Global and Kosas Investment Limited.
Hotels.ng is an internet startup that provides affordable, safe and convenient hotel bookings to online users.
Since its inception in 2013, the platform has facilitated up to two million hotel reservations and has grown its listing to more than 7,000 hotels.
Hotels.ng is dedicated to helping hotels compete favourably and profitably in the travel and tourism sector and also providing an optimum platform for users to book hotels at any time of the year.
Speakers at the Event
We are inviting speakers/Guests from various industries. They include:
• Roye Okupe: E.X.O Comics, who is working on his cartoon/animation, and has been featured on CNN, Forbes etc.
• Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu who is the CEO of Infographics Nigeria.
• Rupa Jha: The head of BBC Media Action Group(Nigeria), with vast experience of developing the BBC branding in developing Countries and her country of origin(India).
• Olorisupergal.com: Online blogger and organiser of the New Media Conference (Importance of New Media in a Growing Industry)
• Chukwuwezam Obanor of Prepclass.com.ng/ Rocket Internet, listed on Forbes 30 Most Promising Entrepreneurs In Africa 2016.
• Roseline Ilori– Country Head, MTECH Nigeria
• Justin Irabor: Marketing/PR manager at Hotels.ng.
• Hugo Obi of Maliyo Games
• Lexi Novitske of Singularity Investment(Africa)
• Osagie Alonge: Entertainment writer, Content Developer for Pulse.ng and head of Osagie Alonge Think Change.
• Chude Jideonwo: Red Media Africa
• Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen: Nollywood Producer/Director
• Professor Nnedi Okorafor: Award winning Creative writer and poet.
For more information, visit lagoscomiccon.com