A seven-year-old boy, Okiki Alabede and three others suffered severe burns after a gas cylinder exploded at a restaurant in Ogba, Ojodu Local Council Development Area, LCDA, damaging property worth millions.
Other victims were: Abiodun Salami, 27, Mustapha, 30 and a woman identified as Iya
It was learned that the gas explosion occurred at about 1p.m. at the restaurant popularly called Rab Amala Shonola, located at No. 2A Shonola Street, Aguda Ogba causing pandemonium in the
General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Mr. Michael Akindele and the Director of State Fire Service,
Mr. Rasak Fadipe confirmed the incident.
They said that the leaked cylinder fell and exploded leading to fire outbreak in the area.
Akindele noted that five rooms within the building where the incident occurred were affected,
adding that three of the affected victims with various degrees of burns were initially taken to
Ifako Ijaye General Hospital but were later transferred to LASUTH.
The general Manager noted that the state emergency responders were able to curtail the spread of the fire to other parts of building.
He said “No life was lost in the incident.
Emergency responders on ground include LASEMA team, fire officer from Alausa, LASAMBUS and Police officers from Area G.”
The LASEMA boss advised the residents of the state on safety precautions while using gas cylinder also the need to install fire extinguishers in domestic and commercial facilities.
He added that further investigation would be carried out by the security operatives and other relevant agencies to curtail future recurrences.
3 thoughts on “Four injured as gas cylinder explodes in Lagos”
Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at
this web site, annd piece of writing is truly fruitful iin favor
of me, keeep up posing these types oof posts.
I simply could not depawrt your web site before suggesting that I really loved the usual info an individual provide tto your
visitors? Is going to be again regularly iin order to inspect
We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
Your website provided us with helpful information to work on.
You’ve done a formidable process and our entire community can be thankful to you.